HRSA Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship (AENT) Program
College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines
We are pleased to announce that CNPD has received a 1-year HRSA grant for student traineeship awards to support the education of students in the Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontological Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner tracks. The grant total is $344,000. Those selected for the traineeship will have the money funded directly to their UND account for: required books and e-books, tuition and fees and/or stipends for living expenses. Full time students could receive up to $22,000 and part time students within 12 months of graduation could receive $11,000.
Applications must be received by July 25 . Applications will be reviewed by a group of graduate faculty for selection of award recipients.
Selection for awards will be based on the following criteria required by HRSA:
- Full-time students receive priority
- Followed by part-time students within the last 12 months of study prior to graduation
- Priority is given to those closest to graduation
- Recipients must be a U.S. Citizen or have Residence Visa (green card holder)
- To meet the mission of the HRSA Traineeship, students must indicate a willingness to practice in rural or underserved settings following graduation
Eligible students - watch for an email next week with the application information. Don’t miss this opportunity to receive support for your education!
Roux, Gayle, "HRSA Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship (AENT) Program" (2016). UND News Archive. 1288.