Reading: June Jordan

Presenter Information

June Jordan

Location

Memorial Union Ballroom

Event Website

http://www.undwritersconference.org

Start Date

18-3-1980 3:00 PM

End Date

18-3-1980 4:00 PM

Description

In this audiovisual recording from Tuesday, March 18, 1980, as part of the 11th Annual UND Writers Conference: “The Storytellers,” June Jordan reads a selection of poems, including “These Poems,” “Poem Against the State (of Things): 1975,” “Ah, Momma,” “Letter to my Friend the Poet Ntozake Shange,” “Notes on the Peanut,” “Poem for Nana,” “Poem of Personal Greeting for Fidel,” “Poem About a Night Out: Michael: Goodbye for a While,” “Unemployment Monologue,” “A Poem About Intelligence for my Brothers and Sisters,” “A Poem About Vieques, Puerto Rico,” “Alla Tha's All Right, but,” “What is This in Reference To? or We Must Get Together Soon,” “Poem Toward the Bottom Line,” “For Li'l Bit,” “A Short Note to My Very Critical and Well-Beloved Friends and Comrades,” “Freeflight,” and “Poem About My Rights.”

Introduced by Dr. Sandra Donaldson, Department of English.

Comments

Permissions pending, digitization planned.

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS

Mar 18th, 3:00 PM Mar 18th, 4:00 PM

Reading: June Jordan

Memorial Union Ballroom

https://commons.und.edu/writers-conference/1980/day2/1