2014 Young Scientist and Engineers Academy Hosted By The CNPD
College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines
The College of Nursing and Professional Disciplines Departments of Nursing and Nutrition and Dietetics hosted the Young Scientist and Engineers Academy (YSEA) at UND on Monday July 28, 2014. The goal of the camp is to promote the STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Medical) fields to students in grades 1-8.
Faculty (Lucy Heintz, Kimberly Williams, Darlene Hanson, Darla Adams, Jody Ralph, Wanda Koszewski), CRSC staff (Melissa Marx) and nursing students (Lisa LaFontaine, Carmita St. Pierre) participated in the event.
The purpose of this event was to:
- Orient campers to the role of a nurse
- Engage in the scientific process
- Perform (or at least observe) a few basic nursing skills
- Explore nutrition through participation in hands on activities
- Describe how fruits and vegetables promote heart health
- Have fun!
Heintz, Lucy, "2014 Young Scientist and Engineers Academy Hosted By The CNPD" (2014). UND News Archive. 816.