Law School Announces Job Opening for Assistant Dean of Student Life
School of Law
The University of North Dakota School of Law is announcing a job opening for the Assistant Dean of Student Life. The Assistant Dean for Student Life is a full-time, benefitted position with a minimum salary of $80,000 plus/year. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications received by February 15, 2012, will receive first consideration.
The Assistant Dean for Student Life provides leadership in and manages all major student services and matters involving student life in the School of Law, including admissions, records, career services, recruitment and retention, student advising and counseling, and issues of student conduct and safety. The Assistant Dean is a member of the senior administration at the law school, and provides a direct link between students and the administration and faculty. The Assistant Dean also has responsibilities related to the academic program, including coordination of first-year orientation, adjunct supervision, records related to completion of academic programs and certification for bar examinations, and externship coordination and supervision. The Assistant Dean works closely and collaboratively with the administration and faculty to ensure that UND law students experience a supportive and personalized educational environment that facilitates their professional and personal success during and after law school. Any submission regarding position openings are subject to the North Dakota Open Records law. The applications of all candidates and nominees are a matter of public record under the statutes and policies of the State of North Dakota.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA - accredited law school
- Minimum of three years of post - JD legal experience or three years of academic or administrative experience
- Licensed to practice in North Dakota, or licensed to practice in another state or the District of Columbia and eligible for licensure in North Dakota within 24 months of start date
- Criminal history background check
- Record of academic excellence in law school
- Experience in academic setting or with academic programs
- Experience in student services, student counseling, or similar area
- Record of pro bono, professional or community service
- Management or supervisory experience
Please complete UND Application/Control Card form found online at http://und.edu/finance-operations/human-resources/ referencing job title and posting number. If claiming Veteran’s preference, a DD Form 214 must be attached. If claiming Disabled Veterans Preference, a DD Form 214 and a copy of VA statement dated within past year must be attached. All applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date and have complete name and current mailing address.
University of North Dakota. "Law School Announces Job Opening for Assistant Dean of Student Life" (2012). UND News Archive. 257.