Helping Minot Rebuild
University of North Dakota
UND Staff Senate organizes Helping Minot Rebuild campaign. Effort includes Target gift registry, Potato Bowl float.
The University of North Dakota Staff Senate is gathering donations of supplies and cash that will be used to help citizens of Minot rebuild after this year’s devastating flood.
The campaign—dubbed “Helping Minot Rebuild”—will shortly include a “wish list” registry through Target called “Minot Flood Recovery.”
“We want everyone to participate in this in any way they can,” said Janice Hoffarth, administrative assistant for the UND Department of Music, a member of the UND Staff Senate, and staff adviser to the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education. Hoffarth is coordinating the UND Staff Senate’s Minot flood relief campaign.
“We set it up so that you will be able to purchase items through the Target registry in person or online; alums from all over the world can participate in this effort,” Hoffarth said.
Cash or check donations also will be accepted; please make checks out to UND-Staff Senate, and in the memo line write “Minot Recovery.” Cash or checks can be dropped off at the locations listed below; checks can also be mailed to UND-Staff Senate Minot Recovery, Stop 7125, Grand Forks ND 58202 (please don’t send cash through the mail).
The Staff Senate “Helping Minot Rebuild” group will have a float in the Potato Bowl Parade on Sept. 24. The Staff Senate float in the Potato bowl parade will be used to collect donated items.
Any items from the list below can be dropped off at the following times and places:
- Hughes Fine Arts Center Room 114
- With any UND Staff Senate member during regular business hours (see http://www.und.edu/org/undss/AboutStaffSenate/Index.html and click on Staff Senate Membership List)
- During State Employee Recognition week at all events, during regular business hours.
- During the Potato Bowl Parade, Sept.24. UND’s “Helping Minot Rebuild” team will have a float and several wagons to collect donations.
The following items are registered at Target or can be purchased elsewhere for donation as noted above:
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY NEW ITEMS IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING WILL BE ACCEPTED. As noted, cash or check donations also are welcome.
- Appliances, small, such as coffee pots, toasters, etc.
- Cleaning supplies
- Housewares (pots, pans, utensils)
- Paint supplies
Pedraza, Juan Miguel, "Helping Minot Rebuild" (2011). UND News Archive. 155.