Robin Hall ribbon cutting ceremony set for Tuesday, July 26
John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences
The ribbon cutting and grand opening ceremony for Robin Hall will take place at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 26, on the first floor of Robin Hall on west side of the University of North Dakota campus.
Chuck Pineo, CEO, UND Aerospace Foundation, will serve as master of ceremonies. Scheduled speakers are:
- President Kennedy
- Al Anderson, Commissioner, N.D. Department of Commerce on behalf of Gov. Jack Dalrymple
- U.S. Sen. John Hoeven
- U.S. Rep. Kevin Cramer
- Richard Rothaus, Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs, North Dakota University System
- Paul Lindseth, Dean, John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences
- Si and Betty Robin, Benefactors
- Larry Martin, Chairman, UND Aerospace Foundation Board of Directors
- Chuck Kluenker, Director, UND Aerospace Foundation Board of Directors.
The ceremony will be followed by self-guided tours and a luncheon.
Robin Hall, a much-needed UAS/aerospace research facility, will go a long way in serving the school’s rapidly growing UAS enterprise as well as other aerospace related research activities. UND’s Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft Systems, which will be a major tenant of the new research building, was the first collegiate degree program of its kind in the nation and is quickly becoming one of, if not the largest and most widely recognized program in the world.
The building is named after husband-and-wife team Mary E. Bazar and Si Robin President and Vice President, respectively, of Sensor Systems, a California-based manufacturer of aerospace antenna. Longtime UND Aerospace champion and benefactor James Ray also is a donor.
The 66,000-square-foot Robin Hall was funded largely by private donations and $1.5 million in matches from the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education Challenge Fund. The state authorized UND to spend up to $25 million on the project. It’s being built and managed by the Aerospace Foundation, the private-sector support arm of UND Aerospace.
Dodds, David L., "Robin Hall ribbon cutting ceremony set for Tuesday, July 26" (2016). UND News Archive. 1295.