UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences recognizes volunteer faculty
School of Medicine & Health Sciences
GRAND FORKS, N.D.—The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences presented the Dean's Special Recognition Awards for Outstanding Volunteer Faculty to the following physicians during commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 9.
- Aaron J. Chalmers, M.D. , Clinical Instructor of Surgery and alumnus, M.D. Class of 2007, Bismarck, N.D.
- Siri J. Fiebiger, M.D., M.P.H. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and alumna, M.D. Class of 1985, Fargo, N.D.
- Rena Nordeng Zimmermann, M.D. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Family and Community Medicine and alumna, M.D. Class of 2007, Dickinson, N.D.
- Jennifer M. Peterson, M.D. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and alumna, M.D. Class of 1997, Grand Forks, N.D.
- Nasser Saffarian, M.D. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, Minot, N.D.
- Gary L. Wease, M.D. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Minot, N.D.
- Ryan M. Zimmermann, M.D. , Clinical Assistant Professor of Family and Community Medicine and alumnus, M.D. Class of 2007, Dickinson, N.D.
“As a community-based school, we could not carry out our educational mission without the dedication and sacrifice of our voluntary faculty members,” said Joshua Wynne, M.D., M.B.A., M.P.H., UND vice president for health affairs and dean of the School of Medicine and Health Sciences. “In large measure, the quality of our medical education program is dependent on the many physicians throughout the state who serve as volunteer faculty members. They have added and incorporated this activity into their daily medical practices and welcomed our medical students to learn from them and their patients.”
“These physicians have gone above and beyond the call of duty in giving our students the benefit of their time, experience, knowledge, and wisdom gained from years of caring for patients,” Wynne said. “By example, they have served as superior role models and encouraged our students to define and adopt the highest standards of medical service.”
University of North Dakota. "UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences recognizes volunteer faculty" (2015). UND News Archive. 1008.