Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs
93d Congress, 1st Session
Download Full Text (1.7 MB)
This report from the (US) States Senate Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs, dated November 29, 1973 was written to accompany US Senate Bill 1468 which sought to establish the Knife River Indian Villages National Historic Site in North Dakota. This report seeks to amend US Senate Bill 1468 to specify funding limits for acquisition of land and for development of the historic site. US Senate Bill 1468 was passed by the US Senate as amended on November 30, 1973. This legislation was reintroduced as part of an omnibus bill that established six new national historic sites. That legislation, US House Resolution 13157, became US Public Law 93-486 on October 26, 1974
Mandan Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation, Mandan, Nueta, Hidatsa, Arikara, Sahnish, Knife River, Knife River Indian Village National Historic Site, acquisition of land, development, historic site, funding
US Senate Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs, US Department of the Interior
Alan Harvey Bible, Quentin N. Burdick, Sen. Young, Henry M. Jackson, Nathaniel P. Reed., Wilfred H. Rommel
Government Printing Office
American Politics | Indigenous, Indian, and Aboriginal Law | Indigenous Studies | Law and Politics | Native American Studies | United States History
US Congress, Senate. Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs. Authorizing the Establishment of the Knife River Indian Village National Historic Site, 93d Cong., 1st sess., S. Rep. 586. November 29, 1973. https://commons.und.edu/indigenous-gov-docs/23/
Cultural Institutions Notice
Collections and items in our institution have incomplete, inaccurate, and/or missing attribution. We are using this notice to clearly identify this material so that it can be updated, or corrected by communities of origin. Our institution is committed to collaboration and partnerships to address this problem of incorrect or missing attribution.
Open to Collaborate
Our institution is committed to the development of new modes of collaboration, engagement, and partnership for the care and stewardship of past and future heritage collections.