Date of Work
View of Hannah E. Davis' parlor in Davis Hall, on the left side of the parlor is a small table with two chairs. Hanging on the wall is a painting with a small shelf below displaying small pieces of pottery. Along the back wall are two windows with curtains and shelves of plants and flowers. Between two windows is an open book shelf with four levels, containing books, pictures, doily's, wooden shoes, sea shells, a plate, and some paintings. Hanging above this shelf are two paintings, one a vase and floral still life. Hannah E. Davis (d. 1898) served as a preceptress/matron of Ladies Hall (1892-1896) and also taught English Literature and drawing (1893-1898). In honor of Davis, President Merrifield requested that Ladies Hall be renamed Davis Hall in 1900.
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Davis Hall, Parlor, Students-Female, Ladies Hall, Dormitory, Hannah E. Davis, Pottery, Parlor Furniture, Wallpaper, Women college students, Dormitories, Living room furniture, Wallpaper, Living rooms, Pottery, Draperies