Date of Work
Two students pass by the Adelphi Fountain in May, 1978. Other students stand around the fountain, two men play catch at the right side of the photograph, a woman is entering the Hughes Fine Arts Center, and another student reads by the entrance. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; Hughes Fine Arts Center; Students; Light Poles; Trees; College buildings; Sidewalks; College students; Lampposts; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Water in landscape architecture
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota; North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.)
University of North Dakota; Edmond A. Hughes Fine Arts Center
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota