Date of Work
A photograph of the Adelphi Fountain in 1905. Davis hall and Old Main stand behind it from left to right respectively. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Davis Hall; Adelphi Fountain; Old Main; Trees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Garden structures; Outdoor sculpture; College buildings; Statue; Pedestals
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); Main (Grand Forks, N.D. : Building); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota