3 men sit by the Adelphi Fountain. Old Main and Davis Hall are in the background. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976, when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Students; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; Old Main; Davis Hall; Fountains; Men; Trees; Suits (Clothing); Universities and colleges
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota; North Dakota--English Coulee
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); Main (Grand Forks, N.D. : Building)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota