John Macnie stands leaning on his bicycle outside of a building with shrubbery behind him. John Macnie was hired as Professor of English, French and German in 1886 and retired in 1906 as Professor of French and Spanish languages and literature, and as Professor Emeritus from 1907-1909. Macnie served as secretary of the faculty from 1891 -1906. He received his Bachelors from Glasgow University and his Masters from Yale. Macnie Hall was named after him.
John Macnie; Bicycle; Fashion-Clothing; Faculty; Macnie Hall; Languages; English; French; German; Spanish; Bicycles; Universities and colleges - Faculty; Men; Language and languages - Study and teaching; College teachers; Clothing and dress; College buildings
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Macnie Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Macnie, John, 1836-1909
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota