Reading: Sharon Olds

Presenter Information

Sharon Olds

Location

Memorial Union Ballroom

Event Website

http://www.undwritersconference.org

Start Date

23-3-1995 8:00 PM

End Date

23-3-1995 9:00 PM

Description

In this audiovisual recording from Thursday, March 23, 1995, as part of the 26th Annual UND Writers Conference: “States of the Art,” Sharon Olds reads a selection of her poetry. Olds reads “The Missing Boy,” “I Go Back to May 1937,” “Topography,” “Little Things,” “His Stillness,” “The Race,” “Letter to my Father from 40,000 Feet,” a selection of poems written by students and collected in Through The Dark Light: “I Seem to be a Lizard” by Janine, “He is the One” by Angelo, and “Conversation Between the Face and the Heart” by Kevin. Olds also reads the then-unpublished “More Blessed,” “Still Life in Landscape,” “Objective Clarollative,” “The Fetus in the Voting Booth,” “Forty-One, Alone, No Gerbil,” “The Son,” “The Pansies,” “71 BCE,” “Adolescence,” “Grey Girl,” “Flight 106,” “Animal Crackers,” “Because,” and “The Wedding Vow.”

Introduced by Maureen Geiger.

Comments

Restricted content, digitization planned.

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS

Mar 23rd, 8:00 PM Mar 23rd, 9:00 PM

Reading: Sharon Olds

Memorial Union Ballroom

Introduced by Maureen Geiger.

https://commons.und.edu/writers-conference/1995/day2/1