Event Title

Reading: Grace Paley, Carolyn Wright, and Crystal Maclean-Field

Location

UND Memorial Ballroom

Start Date

21-3-1979 3:00 PM

End Date

21-3-1979 4:00 PM

Description

In this audiovisual recording from March 21, 1979 as part of the 10th annual UND Writing Conference: “Epitomes, Bombast & Climaxes,” Grayce Ray, Carolyn Wricht, and Crystal Maclean-Field read selections of their poetry. Grayce Ray reads “Going Past Ogema to White Earth,” “Letter to My Daughter,” “[Since Hindsight is 20-20],” “Letter Home,” “Biology Lab,” “Fox Hunt,” “Transformation,” “Winter Poem,” “Poem for Some Small Cafe,” “The Fry Cook,” “The Waitress: Crazy Sarah,” “The Hotel Manager,” “The Janitor,” “The Bookkeeper,” and “Looking for Fiddleheads.” Crystal Maclean-Field reads “My Mother is Sleeping,” “Hubbard Lake,” “Thirteen Pictures of a Sister,” “My Sister's Leather Bag,” “The Lilac Blue Ceramic,” “I am Jealous,” “The Good Woman,” “The Good Man,” “We Decided,” “In Your Room Looking For the Animal,” “I Will Not Look Away,” “The Therapist,” and “The Dilettante.” Carolyn Wricht reads “The Cosmic Scholar,” “Insomnia and its Meters,” “The Morning Mail: A Brief Irreverie,” and “Leaving the House I Grew up in.”

Introduced by Joan Eades.

A portion of this reading wasn't recorded.

Comments

Permissions pending, digitization planned.

This document is currently not available here.

Share

COinS

Mar 21st, 3:00 PM Mar 21st, 4:00 PM

UND Memorial Ballroom

Introduced by Joan Eades.