Antibody simulation module developed for use in MLS 226: Introduction to Clinical Immunology and Molecular Diagnostics. The module was designed to reinforce lecture material and was developed utilizing SimTutor software.
- Define antibody.
- Differentiate between innate and adaptive immunity.
- Differentiate between cellular and humoral immunity.
- Describe the four pathways of antibody acquisition.
- Identify the three functions of an antibody.
- Identify and describe the structure of an antibody including the following components and regions: light chain, heavy chain, constant region, variable region, Fc Fragment, Fab Fragment, and hinge region.
- List the antibody classes and their key features.
- Differentiate between the primary and secondary immune response.
Course Level: Intermediate Undergraduates
Heather Gilbert. "SimTutor Module: Antibodies" (2023). Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship (TLAS) Academy Projects. 1.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.