Present Lands: Agency Hospital and Congregational Church #33
This photographic print, dated November 1, 1946, depicts several buildings lining a road. The text at the bottom of the photo reads, “Agency Hospital & Congregational Church, Elbowoods, North Dakota, Present Lands.” The closest building in the photo is large and appears to be brick; it is likely the hospital. The farthest building appears to be the church. A sign next to the hospital reads, “No. 33.”
Original print housed at the National Archives Catalogue in Kansas City, Missouri in the “Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs” group. The Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nation are noted as “subjects represented” in the collection
Digital file courtesy of the National Archives and Records Administration: https://catalog.archives.gov/id/45640859#.YgGVjPC4n_8.link
Mandan Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation, Mandan, Nueta, Hidatsa, Arikara, Sahnish, Elbowoods, town, church, hospital, photograph, photo, picture
Mandan Hidatsa and Arikara Nation, the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Reservation, Mandan, Nueta, Hidatsa, Arikara, Sahnish, Bureau of Indian Affairs, US Department of the Interior
American Politics | Indigenous, Indian, and Aboriginal Law | Indigenous Studies | Law and Politics | Native American Studies | United States History
United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs. Present Lands: Agency Hospital and Congregational Church #33, 1946, photograph, US Government Documents Related to Indigenous Nations, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, https://commons.und.edu/indigenous-gov-docs/31/
Cultural Institutions Notice
Collections and items in our institution have incomplete, inaccurate, and/or missing attribution. We are using this notice to clearly identify this material so that it can be updated, or corrected by communities of origin. Our institution is committed to collaboration and partnerships to address this problem of incorrect or missing attribution.
Open to Collaborate
Our institution is committed to the development of new modes of collaboration, engagement, and partnership for the care and stewardship of past and future heritage collections.