Date of Work
UND students Fred Larsen, John Coulter, and Jesse Tanner (left to right) pose for a photograph at the Adelphi Fountain in 1905.
Members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND in 1905. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Literary Society, University of North Dakota
John Coulter, Fred Larsen, Jesse Tanner
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota