An undated, aerial view of Memorial Stadium during an UND football game. Memorial Stadium was built in 1927 and originally contained the dismantled wooden grandstands of the former university athletic field that seated 3,000 people. New bleacher seats were added in 1936 with additional seating added on the west and north ends bringing capacity to over 8,000 people. The first football game was the Homecoming Game against Creighton in October 1927. Football continued to be played here until 2001 when games moved to the Alerus Center.
University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections. Chester Fritz Library. University of North Dakota.