Date of Work
1944 east facing view of Montgomery Hall alongside entrance sign to the UND campus. Eileen Stewart can be seen standing at the entrance with another student.
Montgomery Hall was built in 1911 in the Tudor Revival architectural style, under the administration of President Frank McVey (1909-1917). By 1929, the building was utilized as a library, as the Carnegie Library had outgrown its space. After construction of the Chester Fritz Library in 1961, Montgomery was used for various administrative purposes. As of 2019, plans are to demolish the building and construct a new College of Business and Public Administration on the location.
Montgomery Hall, University of North Dakota
University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota