View of Davis Hall taken probably from upper story of Main. Wooden sidewalks lead to the building and electric poles run along side of the building. Ladies Hall was built in 1887 and renamed for Hannah E. Davis who had been the preceptress/matron for all the women students. From its construction, the President of the University lived in the hall until the completion of the President's House in 1903. The University dining room occupied the basement until the completion of the University Commons in 1911.
Davis Hall; Hannah E. Davis; Students-Female; Ladies Hall; Dining Room; Wooden Sidewalk; Electricity; Dormitory; Boardwalks; Women college students; Dormitories; College buildings; Trees; Electric Lines - Poles and towers; Dining rooms
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Davis, Hannah E., 1841-1898
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota