Date of Work
View of Davis Hall Parlor, scattered around the room are several chairs, along one wall is the fireplace with a mirror and a picture hanging above it and a curtain hanging over the firebox. Next to the fireplace is a set of double wood doors, and chair molding runs around walls of the room. Two area rugs cover the wood floors and two tables face each other at opposite ends of the room. A piano sits in one corner near the windows and 3 chandeliers hang from the ceiling. Ladies Hall was built in 1887 and renamed for Hannah E. Davis who had been the preceptress/matron for all the women students.
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Davis, Hannah E., 1841-1898
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Davis Hall, Parlor, Dormitory, Students-Female, Ladies Hall, Hannah E. Davis, Parlor Furniture, Rugs, Fireplace, Piano, Electricity, Leather Chairs and Rockers, Wicker Chairs, Dormitories, Women college students, Fireplaces, Piano, Chandeliers, Wicker furniture, Living room furniture