Preview

image preview

Description

The Adelphi Fountain standing near the English Coulee. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook). Duplication of UAP 5474

Subject

Sculpture; Fountains; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota; North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.)

Organizations Depicted

University of North Dakota

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Adelphi fountain, English Coulee, Trees, Fountains, Pedestals, Garden structures, Rocks, Coulees, Water in landscape architecture, Grasses

Share

 
COinS