Date of Work
The chemistry laboratory containing six work stations with three sinks at each station, a shelf above containing bottles of chemicals, and Bunsen burners at each station. Above each station single hanging light bulb fixtures hang from the ceiling. Along the back wall are two windows and on the left wall are two doors and a heater. The Chemistry Department achieved its independent status from the Department of Mining Engineering in 1910 with the hiring of the first professionally trained chemist, George Abbott. Chemistry was located in Science Hall from 1902 to 1908 and then relocated to Babcock Hall.
Chemistry laboratory; classroom; windows; doors; desks; chemicals; Bunsen burners; sinks; stools; electricity; light bulbs; George Abbott; Department of Chemistry; Department of Mining Engineering; Babcock Hall; Single hanging bulb light fixtures; Laboratories - Furniture; equipment; etc.; Plumbing fixtures; Bunsen burner; Stools; Desks; Light bulbs; Windows
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Babcock Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota