Preview

image preview

Date of Work

1924

Description

A photograph of Babcock Hall. The back of the photograph reads, "Babcock Hall 1924." UND built the Mining Engineering Building in 1907 and was dedicated June 1908. In 1909, UND constructed two additions to the north and south of the building to accomodate ceramics and a mining expreiment station. In 1910, a serious fire destroyed the norther third of the roof and caused extensive water damage to the north half of the building. On September 3, 1925, the building was named after Dean Earle J. Babcock. (Information from E. F. Chandler's History of All Buildings, page 7)

Subject

Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota

Organizations Depicted

University of North Dakota; Babcock Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Babcock Hall, Earle Babcock, Mining, Engineering, Chemistry, Lamp Post, Trees, Sidewalks, Lampposts, College buildings, Engineering schools, Chemistry, Mining schools and education

Share

 
COinS