Date of Work
Male students are sitting in the windows, standing on the roof, and standing in the dorways of Budge Hall. Some of th emen are holding pennants--some saing "Wesley," "Wisconsin," "1910," and "North Dakota." Budge Hall was named for William Budge. Budge was a Grand Forks businessman who donated the origianl 20 acres of land to the University of North Dakota. He served on UND's Board of Trustees from 1891-1907. UND built Budge Hall in 1899 and serverd as a men's dormitory, classroom, and office building. Budge Hall remained near Twamley Haill until it was razed in 1981. (Information from: UND Factbook, E. F. Chandler's History of Buildings, page 9). Duplicate Photo: UAP 16887 and located in the 1st 25 years Digital Collection.
Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Students -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Budge Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Budge Hall, Students, Pennants, William Budge, Student housing, College students, Trees, Banners, College buildings, Doorways, Windows