Date of Work
A photograph of Classroom 206 in Babcock Hall, circa 1911. Desks appear on elevated levels and look towards the front desk and chalkboard with a cabinent to the right. One can also view a laboratory through an open door on the left. UND built the Mining Engineering Building in 1907 and was dedicated June 1908. In 1909, UND constructed two additions to the north and south of the building to accomodate ceramics and a mining expreiment station. In 1910, a serious fire destroyed the norther third of the roof and caused extensive water damage to the north half of the building. On September 3, 1925, the building was named after Dean Earle J. Babcock. (Information from E. F. Chandler's History of All Buildings, page 7).
Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Babcock Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Babcock Hall, Earle Babcock, Mining, Engineering, Chemistry, Chalck Board, Desk, View of Laboratory, Single Bare Light Bulbs, Mining schools and education, Mining engineering, Laboratories - Furniture, equipment, etc., Electric light fixtures, Windows, Blackboards, Desks