Date of Work
A football game at Memorial Stadium in 1945. Cars are seen in the southwest corner and mainly to the north side of the stadium in the University Avenue parking area. Greek Houses and private residences are seen along University Avenue. Memorial Stadium was built in 1927. It originally contained the dismantled wooden grandstands of the former university athletic field that seated 3,000 people. New bleacher seats were added in 1936 with additional seating added on the west and north ends bringing capacity to over 8,000 people. The first football game was the Homecoming Game against Creighton in October 1927. Football continued to be played here until 2001 when games moved to the Alerus Center. The Memorial Stadium is used today for Track and Field and intramural sports.
Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Memorial Stadium (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Memorial Stadium, Cars, University Avenue, Greek Houses, Football Players, Football Fans, Stadiums, Automobiles, Greek letter societies, Football players, Football fans, Grandstands, Sports facilities