Date of Work
The wood bleachers and pressbox of Memorial Stadium. Flagpoles on the top of the brick wall. Memorial Stadium was built in 1927. It originally contained the dismantled wooden grandstands of the former university athletic field that seated 3,000 people. New bleacher seats were added in 1936 with additional seating added on the west and north ends bringing capacity to over 8,000 people. The first football game was the Homecoming Game against Creighton in October 1927. Football continued to be played here until 2001 when games moved to the Alerus Center. The Memorial Stadium is used today for Track and Field and intramural sports.
Wooden Bleachers on Concrete Foundations; Pressbox; Flagpoles; Concrete Steps; Reporters and reporting; Flagpoles; Grandstands; Stairs; Boxes (Theaters; auditoriums; etc.); Sports facilities; Radio broadcasting of sports
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota; Memorial Stadium (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota