A view of the east side of (Old) Science Hall from the north looking south. A gravel road meets a concrete road through the brick pillars of an entrance to the campus. A light pole stands near a concrete sidewalk. Completed in 1901, Science Hall absorbed UND's museum and laboratories from Main. Science Hall originally held Engineering in the basement, Physics and Mathematics on first floor, Chemistry on second floor and Biology with the museum on the third floor. On September 26, 1905, The School of Medicine opened its doors and occupied portions of the building's second and third floors until 1948. After that, Science Hall provided a home for the Public Health Laboratory (1949-1973) and UND's radio station KFJM, besides other entities. After some debate it was decided that Old Science be razed in 1999 due to structural concerns. Its fluted ionic columns are displayed in the Barnes and Noble bookstore and the pair of inner doors from the main entry provide entry to the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections , Chester Fritz Library.
University Avenue (Entrance); (Old) Science Hall; Light pole; Sidewalk; Brick Pillars; Trees; Columns; Brick construction; College buildings; Plants; Sidewalks; Electric lines - Poles and towers
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North dakota
University of North Dakota; Science Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota