The Power House in 1905. A gravel road approaches the building. The 9 X 9 foot smokestack stood at 124 feet before being demolished in 1919. The Southend Power House was built in 1909 to replace the first power house on the west side of campus. The original smokestack began to tip after twenty years and was replaced with this new one that stood 150 feet.
Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Chandler Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
The Power House, Smokestack, Gravel Road, Steam power plants, Roads, Gravel, Chimneys, Trees, College buildings, Smoke, Windows