Date of Work
Science Hall, west side, surrounded by a large field and small trees. A sidewalk runs in front of and to the main entrance of the building. The main entrance consists of four columns, two on either side of the entrance door, and "Science Hall" in stone above. In 1902, Science Hall became the second classroom building at the university. Science Hall consisted of a basement and three stories, all occupied as recitation or lecture rooms, laboratories, or offices. The basement housed engineering (1902), geology (1903-1923), then physics and civil engineering. The first floor housed physics and for a time mathematics (1902-1910). The second floor housed chemistry and mining engineering (1902-1908) and biology and the medical school. The third floor housed biology and botany and the university museum and then the College of Medicine and Public Health laboratory.
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Science Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Science Hall, Old Science, Sidewalk, Sidewalks, College buildings, Grasses, Trees