Date of Work
The Varsity Bachelor Club house at 1916. The English Coulee winds around the house and the Great Northern Railway and Train runs behind it. In the distance there are telephone poles. The house was originally built in 1910 as the home of the Varsity Bachelor Club. It was the first chapter house built and owned by any fraternity at the University of North Dakota. In 1913 the club obtained a charter from Phi Delta Theta. During WWI their house was used as an Army Headquarters and also converted into a hospital during the 1918 influenza epidemic. Members of Phi Delta Theta continued to live in Bachelor House until 1979 when the University purchased it. The building was renamed Gustafson Hall in honor of Bernard Gustafson and became the Center for Continuing Education.
Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota; North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.)
Great Northern Railway Company (U.S.); University of North Dakota; Varsity Bachelors Club (University of North Dakota)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Varsity Bachelor Club, English Coulee, Great Northern Railway and Train, Telephone Poles, Railroad - Tracks, College buildings, Trees, Railroad trains, Electric lines - Poles and towers, Men - Societies and clubs, Coulees