Date of Work
1899 - 1903
The Power House supported a nine by nine foot chimney, sixty feet high and initially supplied steam heat to Main, Budge, and Davis Halls. A man dressed in coveralls stands by an entrance door. After a new Power House was built in 1909, the original Power House and connecting Mechanic Arts Building, built in 1903, were renamed the Mechanical Engineering Building and renamed again in 1935 for Elwyn F. Chandler.
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Chandler Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Chandler Hall, Electricity, Chimney, Power House, Heating Plant, Elwyn F. Chandler, Steam, Chimneys, Heat, Power-plants, Heating plants, Winter, Trees