Date of Work
Four women at the Adelphi Fountain, next to Old Main, in 1924. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Students; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; Old Main; Female Students; College buildings; Women college students; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Trees; Grasses; Clothing and dress; Windows
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota; Main (Grand Forks, N.D. : Building)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota