Date of Work
The Adelphi Fountain surrounded by water during the English Coulee Flood of 1969. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Students; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.); North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Flood, Adelphi Fountain, English Coulee, Coulees, Natural disasters, Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks, N.D.), Floods, Water, Trees, Electric Lines - Poles and towers