An aerial view of the UND Fieldhouse. On May 5, 1950, UND broke ground for the 'University Fieldhouse-Gymnasium.' This $875,000 project and opened the Fieldhouse on November 30, 1951. In 1954, UND added a swimming pool to the fieldhouse. On July 17, 1981, the UND Fieldhouse and the impending addition were named in honor of W. Kenneth Hyslop. Hyslop was a 1906 UND Graduate in Mining Engineering. He donated in excess of &8 million to the UND Foundation. The Hyslop is now home to UND's Swimming and Diving Teams. In addition to the UND Athletic Department, Hyslop also houses 12 racquetball courts, two weight rooms, and a training room. (Information from: Dakota Student: 1950-05-05, 1951-11-30, Dakotah Annual 1951, and the Fighting Sioux Website).
Fieldhouse; Gymnasium; Hyslop Sports Center; Gymnasiums; Field houses; Sports facilities; Aerial views; College buildings; Trees; Sidewalks
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota; University of North Dakota. Fieldhouse
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota