Preview

image preview

Description

View of Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory of the Bureau of Mines, Department of the Interior, Grand Forks, N.D., near the UND campus, and headquarters for the Region V Fuels Technology Division. Two cars are parked in the front drive of the building while another car is parked in the back of the building. An American Flag is in the front of the building in a grassy area. In 1951, the Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory was built as part of the U.S. Bureau of Mines. In 1983, it was defederalized and became the UND Energy Research Center and Renamed UND Energy and Environmental Research Center in 1989. There were two building projects, one in 1994, and another in 2002. (Information taken from www.undeerc.org)

Subject

Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota

Organizations Depicted

Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory.; United States. Bureau of Mines.; University of North Dakota; University of North Dakota. Energy and Environmental Research Center

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Charles Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory, Bureau of Mines, Energy and Environmental Research Center, Flagpoles, Flags, Lignite - Research, Laboratories, Mines and mineral resources, College buildings, Automobiles

Share

 
COinS