View of Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory of the Bureau of Mines, Department of the Interior, Grand Forks, N.D., near the UND campus, and headquarters for the Region V Fuels Technology Division. In 1951, the Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory was built as part of the U.S. Bureau of Mines. In 1983, it was defederalized and became the UND Energy Research Center and Renamed UND Energy and Environmental Research Center in 1989. There were two building projects, one in 1994, and another in 2002. (Information taken from www.undeerc.org)
Charles Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory; Bureau of Mines; Energy and Environmental Research Center; Flagpoles; Flags; Lignite - Research; Laboratories; Mines and mineral resources; College buildings; Trees
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
United States. Bureau of Mines.; University of North Dakota; University of North Dakota. Energy and Environmental Research Center; Charles R. Robertson Lignite Research Laboratory.