A photograph depicting a classroom in the Education Building. After a fire destroyed Woodworth Hall in 1949, the Education Building opened in 1955. Built with an appropriation of $480,000, it housed originally the departments of Art, Business Education, Music, Philosophy, and Psychology along with the University Placement Bureau. The new building contained several modern features including its own auditorium. (Information from Geiger pg 419, 425, University Bulletin 1955-1957, pg 34, and President John West's finding aid).
Desks; Podium; Cabinets; Clock: Light Fixtures; Desks; Classrooms; Wall clocks; Electric light fixtures; Business schools; Built-in furniture; Chairs
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota