Title of Work
Date of Work
Bek Hall, part of the Walsh Residence Hall Complex, in Jan. 1958. Bek Hall, the second unit completed in the Walsh Complex, was constructed in 1957. On January 12, 1958, Bek Hall was dedicated to Dean William G. Bek. Bek came to the University in 1911 as Assistant Professor and the first chairman of the Department of German. In 1912, he became full professor. In 1923, he was made Junior Dean, and in 1930, he became the fourth Dean of the Liberal Arts College. He held this position until his death in 1948. Bek Hall accommodates 256 residents and was built exclusively for male students. In 1990, Bek Hall was designated co-ed. (Information from: UND Factbook, Dakota Student 1990-05-01, and the Flyer from Bek Hall Dedication, University Publications).
Bek Hall; William Bek; Walsh Residence Hall Complex; Dormitories; Student housing; College buildings; Dwellings; Windows; Doorways; Trees
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota; Bek Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)