Preview

image preview

Date of Work

10-8-1927

Description

Aerial view of the Memorial Stadium with a football game taking place. At the Homecoming Game on October 8, 1927, UND dedicated Memorial Stadium. The 10,000 seat, 240,000 dollar stadium was dedicated to those who died in WWI and opened March 31,1928. UND celebrated with a free dance for the ""Open House."" In 1985, UND renovated the stadium and added an eight-lane running track and artificial turf. UND retired the Stadium on October 28, 2000, for football games. Today, UND uses the stadium for track and field events and training facilities. (Information taken from: Dakota Student: 1928-03-20, 1928-03-30, 2000-10-27.)

Subject

Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota

Organizations Depicted

University of North Dakota; Memorial Stadium (Grand Forks, N.D.)

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Football, Memorial Stadium, Water towers, Sports facilities, Stadiums, Aerial views, Football stadiums, Homecoming, Parking lots

Share

 
COinS