An aerial view of the Adelphi Fountain near the English Coulee. One person sits on the edge of the fountain while others walk on the banks of the coulee. A dock is in place at the water's edge, and waterfowl swim near the dock. Davis Hall stands in the top of the photo with Campus Drive, now Centennial Drive, running to the right of it. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; English Coulee; Davis Hall; Centennial Drive; Aerial views; Trees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Coulees; College students; Docks; College buildings
North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.); North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota