Date of Work
A female student sits by the Adelphi Fountain in May, 1983. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; English Coulee; Female Student; Women college students; Coulees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Water in landscape architecture; Water; Garden structures; Clothing and dress
North Dakota--English Coulee (N.D.); North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota