In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; Trees; College buildings; Trees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Water in landscape architecture; Windows; Grasses; Statue
North Dakota; North Dakota--Grand Forks
University of North Dakota; Main (Grand Forks, N.D. : Building)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota