Snow and Frost cover the Adelphi Fountain in this winter night photograph. In 1905, the members of the Adelphi Literary Society presented the Adelphi Fountain to UND. The fountain was moved around campus several times. UND refurbished the fountain in 1976 when a water recycling pump system was installed. In the Spring of 2007, the Danley Gift of 10 million dollars provided for the the "restoration of the century-old Adelphi Fountain." The fountain remains west of Twamley Hall along the banks of the English Coulee. (Information from Dakota Student; 2006-08-29, and UND Factbook).
Adelphi Fountain; Trees; Benches; Trees; Adelphi Fountain (Grand Forks; N.D.); Pedestals; Garden structures; Snow; Night
North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota
University of North Dakota; Twamley Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.)
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota