Preview

image preview

Date of Work

1909

Description

Female students playing field hockey in front of the power house and railroad tracks and trains. Built to replace the first University power house west of Davis Hall, the new powerhouse was built in 1909 at the extreme southern edge of the University campus. (Information from History of Buildings by E. F. Chandler, pg. 32)

Subject

Buildings -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Students -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks; Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks

Places Depicted

North Dakota; North Dakota--Grand Forks; North Dakota

Organizations Depicted

University of North Dakota

Rights

Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota

Keywords

Field Hockey, Students, Fashion-Clothing, Train, Railroad, Power House, Steam power plants, Women college students, Trees, Clothing and dress, Railroad - Trains, College buildings, Field hockey

Share

 
COinS