Date of Work
Davis Hall, originally named Ladies Hall, is surrounded by a grassy area and planted trees. There are large steps leading up the entrance with several windows open. In front are two men lying in the grass. The building was named after Hannah E. Davis who had been the preceptress/matron for all the women students from 1892 to 1896. From the beginning the President of the University lived in the hall until the completion of the President's House in 1903. The university dining room occupied the basement until the completion of the University Commons in 1911.
Universities & colleges -- North Dakota -- Grand Forks
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota
Davis Hall, Students-Female, Ladies Hall, Dormitory, Hannah E. Davis, Dining Room, Stairs, Women college students, Dormitories, Dining rooms, Trees, College buildings, Grasses