Date of Work
1909 - 1910
A frontview of Babcock Hall with two men working on ladders. There are no adjacent buildings with a sidewalk running in front of the building. The building housed the departments of mining engineering, chemistry, ceramics, and mining experiment station. Babcock Hall built to house the departments of mining engineering and chemistry in 1907 and was dedicated June 1908. In 1909, two additions were constructed to the north and south ends of the building to accommodate ceramics and the mining experiment station. In 1910 there was a serious fire which destroyed the northern two thirds of the roof of the building and there was extensive water damage to the north half of the building. The building was named after Dean Earle J. Babcock on September 3, 1925.
Babcock Hall; College of Mining Engineering; Chemistry; ladders; Earle J. Babcock; ceramics; mining experiment station; Universities and colleges; College buildings; Stairs; Ceramics; Ladders; Engineering - Study and teaching; Mining schools and education
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Babcock Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota