Date of Work
21 cadets stand in at rest formation. At the far end of the line is the drill sergeant. In the background is the backside of Davis Hall. Military training instruction began at the University of North Dakota in 1890 and was mandatory for all male preparatory students and freshman and sophomores. The military department was discontinued in 1904.
Military Department; Uniforms; Rifles; Davis Hall; Drill Training; Cadets; Military uniforms; Rifles; Drill and minor tactics; Military departments and divisions; Military education; College buildings; Command of troops
North Dakota--Grand Forks
Davis Hall (Grand Forks, N.D.); University of North Dakota
Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, University of North Dakota